Thursday, June 25, 2009

Moving!

Trey and I have lived in Seattle for the past two years, and my, it's been fun! There are several things we did here - long walks around Green Lake, walks around Seward Park, Mama's Mexican Kitchen, Pike's Place, the picnic at Golden Gardens, and I've spent a fair amount of time at Leschi grabbing iced tea with Denise. And there are all the things we never got around to - the Seattle Public Library, the SAM, and the Triple Door. Alas, we are moving south tomorrow, and I'm realizing these lovely attractions won't be a 10 minute bus ride away any more! As much as I'll miss many parts of Seattle, I am glad to be moving somewhere a little less crowded, a little less noisy, and a little more affordable. Therese something about the business of the city (and especially where we live) that makes me a little anxious - as if resting is not possible and I should always be on the go. It's been a wonderful two years living in the city I have always loved, and yet I keep inching back toward home, and toward my roots and it just feels very natural. Maybe I'm growing up after all!

Tomorrow evening we'll be unpacking my new home in Tacoma, in a lovely "garden level" (read basement) bungalow on a college campus. I think living on campus will be interesting for Trey, yet I think it will be a lot of fun. It doesn't hurt the campus is gorgeous, and my commute to work will be one flight of stairs. It really is a great location, close to shops and eateries, farmer's markets, and of course Target! Then there is the 15 minute commute to my mom's place, which will make for some easier lawn maintenance.

Speaking of the lawn, we were down last week to mow the grass - it was over 6 inches tall! There were some spots where the grass hadn't taken in as well as in others, but overall we were very pleased with ourselves. I have always loved the idea of gardening, and have had a few successes, but I've never taken on something of this magnitude. I'm hoping by the time of our wedding, I might be able to call myself a green thumb.

Pictures to follow once we're all settled - plus a post from Trey on making the aisle/path from the house to the ceremony area. au revoir, ma belle ville!

No comments:

Post a Comment